Taking a lovely, tried and true recipe from my aunt and making them into something everyone can enjoy. Her recipe has been used countless times; however with friends having Celiac and some being vegan, I went the extra mile to make them with vegan/gf ingredients. I wasn’t sure they would work the same, but here we are trying to hold back from eating them all, and contemplating making another batch. It takes minimal time and it’s a no bake recipe as another bonus!
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and reels over there as well!
Vegan Chocolate Macaroons (GF)
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Yields: 2 dozen
- 3 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup oat milk (if using vanilla oat milk omit the other vanilla)
- In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, oat milk and vegan butter. Stirring until it comes to a boil.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes and then pour over the oats.
- Stir until combined and when it’s not too hot to handle, drop rounded spoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet or tray.
- Let set in fridge for 10 minutes before digging in!
One thought on “Vegan Chocolate Macaroons (GF)”