When you run out of eggs and really want to make cookies, you take what you have and create vegan cookies. Using the plant based butter from becel, these cookies will not disappoint! They are so light, like biting into a cloud – that’s filled with chocolate chips. Once again, a reminder to make sure your butter is room temperature before baking and use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. You can find one here.
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 8-10 minutes
- Yields: 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup plant based butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F, in line at large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter sugar and syrup with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. About three minutes.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into butter mixture and mix with rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Take rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and place on cookie sheet, about 2” apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bottoms and edges are golden brown.