Another I can’t believe it’s gluten-free cookie recipe for you. This one is made with a special chai blend I am frequently using in baking that comes all the way from BC! The components are cinnamon, fennel seed and green cardamom. If you don’t have these on hand, I recommend you go get the blend. (Find the link to the wonderful maker on my Instagram post) Of course you can sub for whatever spices you have, but I highly recommend this game changing blend.
I’m very happy to be in my second year of creating recipes, and just as happy that people have been joining me and following along. Thank you for being here!
If you have made these, I would love to share your creations! Feel free to send a photo or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and reels over there as well!
Chocolate Chip Chai Oatmeal Cookies (GF)
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 10-12 minutes
- Yields: 15 cookies
- 113g unsalted butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 75g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 200g gf oats
- 150g gf flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon chai blend
- 75g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar and blend on medium speed.
- Add in the egg, make sure it is room temperature! Blend again until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and chai blend.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet bowl, using a wooden spoon to mix together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Take rounded tablespoon sized bits of dough and roll into balls, placing on cookie sheet 2” apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until bottoms and sides reach the deep golden colour.