A savoury recipe that will perfectly complement your next dinner. Using local garlic, Kings Head Garlic, the flavours and aromas leave you wanting more! I’ve used becels plant based butter to make this a vegan recipe, make sure it’s cold when you go to use it. Just find your favourite vegan cheese and you’re all set. I also use a silicone baking mat as they are easy to use and environmentally friendly! Get one for yourself here.
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
Garlic, Cheddar & Chive Biscuits (Vegan)
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 15 minutes
- Yields: 10 biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (vegan or regular)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Chop up garlic, chives and shred cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. (See photo for reference)
- Using a wooden spoon, add in garlic, chives and cheddar cheese.
- Add cold water, a little bit at a time, tossing into flour mixture, until all the flour is wet and leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Gather dough into a ball and roll out to about an inch thick onto lightly floured surface.
- Using a biscuit cutter (dust with flour) cut out 10-12 biscuits and bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and bottoms are golden.