Christmas always kicks my baking into high gear. I love making treats for gifts because everyone appreciates handmade/homemade gifts. And you know they’ll love ones they can eat! Peanut butter balls are my FAVOURITE. This year I couldn’t contain myself and had to make a second batch to give out. Whoops. I love keeping them in the freezer and eating them frozen. It’s also a great spot to keep them out of sight from little ones. They can be made gluten free if you use the brown Rice Krispies. Relatively quick to throw together, with an hour chill time, and super easy to make. Has to be in my top three no-bake recipes!
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
Peanut Butter Balls
- Prep time: 1 hour 20 minutes (includes chill time)
- Yields: 2 dozen
- 50g Rice Krispies
- 250g smooth peanut butter
- 80g unsalted butter (room temp)
- 200g icing sugar
- 275g chocolate chips/melting chocolate
- Sprinkles, if desired
- Measure out rice crispies, and place in Ziploc bag. Crush with rolling pin or use your hands.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and butter with a spoon or electric mixer.
- Add in crushed cereal and icing sugar.
- Cover and chill in fridge for one hour, up to overnight.
- Roll into balls, and place on a baking tray.
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring after each.
- Dip balls into chocolate using a fork.
- Place sprinkles on top, and place in the fridge until set. Once set you can put in freezer bag for storing.