Another gluten free recipe for a traditional Christmas cookie. These are melt in your mouth, want to sneak off and eat the whole plate by yourself good. I made two batches back to back so we’d have enough to give out as gifts! These take a maximum of 20 minutes to make start to finish. Only 8 minutes in the oven! Get the kids involved by letting them press down in the middle of the cookies. Make sure your butter and egg (yolk) is room temp. You want your ingredients to blend well!
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
Gluten-free Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Bake time: 8 minutes
- Yields: 15 cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup lard/shortening
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons jam/jelly of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and lined baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Separate egg, place egg yolk in medium bowl along with butter, shortening, and brown sugar.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined; about 3 minutes.
- Fold in flours and salt with spatula until all combined.
- Scoop tablespoon sized amounts of dough and roll into balls. Placing on cookie sheet 2” apart.
- Using the end of wooden spoon, or your thumb, press into cookie, but not pressing all the way to the bottom.
- Bake 8 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
- Once out of oven, poke centres again if necessary.
- Once cooled, fill with jam/jelly.
One thought on “Gluten-free Thumbprint Cookies”