If you’re like myself, you enjoy a little something with your morning tea. These oatmeal flax cookies take away the potential guilt (though you should never have guilt from eating anything – ever!) of having cookies for breakfast. With the flavour combo of cinnamon, green cardamom and fennel seed, the cozy vibes are spilling over in this easy one bowl recipe. A small batch of 1.5 dozen, can always be doubled and kept in the freezer for those mornings you need a quick breakfast on the run. If you like, you can add in a handful of nuts or seeds into the batter for a little extra protein, at the very end, before rolling into balls.
As always, I like to remind everyone to ensure any refrigerated ingredients (eggs, butter) are brought to room temperature before baking. It ensures the best results, and that’s all we ever want!
If you enjoyed these, you may also enjoy these Gluten-free Lemon & White Chocolate Cookies.
If you have made this, I would love to share your creations. Feel free to send a photo or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and reels over there as well!
Oatmeal Flax Breakfast Cookies (GF, DF)
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 12 minutes
- Yields: 18 cookies
- 110g unsalted butter (I’ve used vegan butter)
- 110g sugar
- 100 brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon chai blend (if you don’t have a chai blend, cinnamon works well)
- 100g almond flour
- 100g gluten-free flour
- 60g milled flaxseed
- 80g gluten-free oats
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until well combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, mixing until fluffy. (3 min)
- Add in dry ingredients; chai spice, almond flour, gluten-free flour, flaxseed, and oats.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix together until all dry ingredients are combined.
- Scoop large tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls, placing on cookie sheet 2-3” apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until bottoms and edges are light golden brown.
One thought on “Oatmeal Flax Breakfast Cookies (GF, DF)”