In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day we’ve whipped up a boozy chocolate cake that’s also vegan! Very simple 30 minute bake that anyone can throw together. You can make it in an 8 x 8 square pan or take it up a notch and throw it into two 6” round pans for a layer cake. Use any can of stout, I went to the liquor store and bought the cheapest one they had (haha!).
If you have made this, I would love to share your creations. Feel free to send a photo or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes to and reels over there as well!
For a decadent chocolate cake without the beer, try this vegan chocolate cake, with a gluten-free option.
Chocolate Stout Cake
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup stout beer
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8 x 8 pan, or two 6” round pans, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour, and pour in the stout and the oil mixture.
- Pour batter into pan(s), and bake for 30 minutes or until tester comes clean.
- Let cool before frosting or digging in!