A brownie that has ~adult themes~. In all seriousness it’s coffee thrown into the batter and the frosting. Gives it that classy grown up feeling, with the fun of being a brownie. Really easy, one bowl, (less the frosting) and 25 minutes in the oven. Floofly mocha frosting to top things off and if the inner kid in you desires, throw some rainbow sprinkles on top.
If you have made these, I would love to share your creations. Feel free to send a photo or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and reels over there as well!
Want more brownie recipes? Try this simple Cookies n Cream Brownie. Or these Two Bite Brownies are quick and cute!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Bake time: 25 minutes
- Yields: 1 8×8 pan of brownies (will vary on how many depending on how big you cut them)
- 160g flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 115g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 75mls vegetable oil
- 125mls (1/2cup) cold coffee
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line and 8 x 8 square pan with parchment or foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and brown sugar.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, oil, and coffee, giving a good mix with a spatula.
- Mix in the chocolate hazelnut spread and stir well until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 25 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 125g icing sugar
- In a small bowl blend together butter and shortening with an electric mixer.
- Blend in coffee on low speed, until well combined.
- Blend in cocoa powder and icing sugar, until fluffy.
- Frost cooled brownies and enjoy!
One thought on “Mocha Brownies”