It’s been a wee bit crazy on my end of things, but I promise I haven’t forgotten about posting recipes! Just to find the time lately. Life happens.
I’ve made these numerous times and everyone who has tried them, loved them! My coworkers with celiac were especially happy to have these treats brought in. Soft, almost brownie like, irresistible chocolate cookies with dark chocolate chips. You wouldn’t even notice the ingredient differences with gluten-free flour and vegan butter. They’re that good! I use the becel plant based unsalted butter, and store brand gluten-free flour (1:1 kind). Of course, since we have chickens here, our eggs are super fresh and I highly recommend you get your hands on some. Check out your local farmers market!
Like I always state before the recipe, make sure your ingredients are room temperature! Makes a huge difference in the results. And I’m all about getting the best results.
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
Enjoyed these? Try out these Spiced Dark Chocolate Brownies or you might find these Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies amazing too, both being gluten-free recipes!
Double Chocolate Cookies (GF/DF)
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 8-10 minutes
- Yields: 1.5 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dairy free butter
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark (dairy free) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together gf flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter until well combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla on medium to high speed until light and fluffy – this takes about 3 minutes. (Set a timer if needed!)
- Take flour mixture and add to large bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix until all ingredients are well combined. A little arm workout might be had!
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, take scoops of dough and place on cookie sheet about 2” apart from each one.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.