Summery scones that are flaky, sweet, and have you wanting one after another. Without lactose upsetting your belly for those with the intolerance. Still obtaining perfect results that you can share with anyone, if you’re feeling generous.
They take a bit of time since we have to rest them in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes. Other than that they’re pretty quick to throw together in one bowl. Most importantly, don’t overwork the dough. Nobody wants rock hard scones!
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
If you liked these you might enjoy this apple-berry crumble or these easy PB&J Cookies.
Strawberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Bake time: 15 minutes
- Yields: 8 scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons frozen lactose free butter (I use becels unsalted plant based)
- 1 cup lactose free whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut in butter until small crumbs form, with some bigger butter chunks.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in milk and vanilla.
- Mix with wooden spoon just until combined.
- Gently fold in strawberries. Try not to overwork the dough.
- Shape into about a 10” circle, and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Pop into the freezer for 15-20 minutes so the butter can firm up again.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 400F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Once chilled, quickly cut into 8 slices and place on baking sheet about 2” apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then drizzle over with lemon glaze if desired.
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small bowl whisk all ingredients together until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over scones while still slightly warm.
2 thoughts on “Strawberry Scones with Lemon Glaze”