Super easy, no bake recipe that results in 100% decadent chocolate treats. Taking a simple chocolate macaroon recipe and putting an Easter/Spring theme on it with a few mini eggs. Kid friendly, Mom approved? I approve it anyways! Just be careful in the first step when boiling ingredients, it could spatter a bit. We used plant based butter sticks in this batch, but feel free to use regular unsalted butter. Swap out oats for gluten-free oats if you have sensitivities. You can make these ahead of time and store them in the freezer for up to 3 weeks. If you would like a visual of making these, you can find a short video on my Instagram account.
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
Chocolate Bird Nests
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Yields: 2 dozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- About 200g mini eggs
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar milk and butter, stir until melted.
- Bring to a boil, and boil for four minutes.
- While the mixture is boiling, in a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, cocoa, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour boiled mixture over oat mixture, and stir to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop and shape balls of mixture into a nest – use a large baking sheet or tray.
- Place 2-3 mini eggs on top.
- Place in fridge for 10 minutes to let set.