This recipe was totally an experiment and it had very tasty results. Taking a basic peanut butter cookie recipe (you know the one off the side of the jar) and adding cocoa powder & chocolate chips, and resulting in a cookie that’s basically got it all. Especially if you’re using crunchy peanut butter. And if you’re not…well let’s not go there. Very easy to put together, just make sure your eggs and butter are room temp before you get started. And when I say cream the ingredients until fluffy, it takes about three solid minutes to reach that point. Set a timer if you need to. You can use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (if you have one) or a simple, inexpensive handheld mixer will do just fine, like this one that I’ve used for years!
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies (GF) or these Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 9 minutes
- Yields: 1.5 dozen (18 cookies)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. About three minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and cream again until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, stirring with a wood spoon.
- Once all combined, fold in chocolate chips.
- Take rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough and place about 2” apart on cookie sheet(s).
- Using a fork dipped in sugar make a crisscross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake for about 9 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet about 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to completely cool.
One thought on “Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies”