If you’re looking to up your brownie game, you can easily do so by making the following recipe!
I’ve taken a simple, delicious, chocolatey brownie and have layered 3 (Hindsight should have been 4) Cookies n Creme bars in the middle of the batter. It’s that easy. And so good! Requires 3 eggs, and make sure that they’re room temp! We melt the butter at the first of the recipe so that it’s cool enough that it won’t cook the eggs when we go to mix it in. You don’t want scrambled eggs in your brownies. Also for the chocolate part, you can melt whatever you have on hand; bakers chocolate, chocolate chips, a leftover chocolate bar, etc. Just make sure to melt it at 10-15 seconds at a time in the microwave. If you like a gooey brownie, bake for about 15-20 minutes (check with tester at the 15 minute mark) or go for 20-25 for the cakey texture.
If you have made these and would like to share your creations feel free to send a pic or tag on Instagram @bairdsbaking . Find more recipes and short videos over there as well!
Cookies n Cream Brownies
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Bake time: 15-20 minutes
- Yields: 9-12 servings
- 120g butter/margarine
- 100g chopped chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 115g sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 30g cocoa powder
- 225g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 Cookies‘n’Creme bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and grease and 8 in.² pan.
- Melt butter in a small bowl, and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave at 15 second intervals (stir after each) and add to egg mixture.
- Stir in cooled butter.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Spread half the batter into your prepared pan.
- Place bars in a single layer over top, breaking to fit if necessary.
- Spread remaining batter over top, being careful not to push the bars around or into the bottom batter.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, until you reach your desired texture.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, dust with icing sugar if desired, cut & serve.
2 thoughts on “Cookies n Cream Brownies”