I love creating delicious things, as you should know at this point. But when the delicious thing happens to be gluten-free, I feel like it’s a big win! And these are a HUGE win. I gave these to my friend, who is GF, to taste test and the expression on her face said it all. SO. GOOD. With only 65g of GF flour, these don’t end up with that grainy “this is definitely a gf brownie” texture. Instead, you’re seduced with a fudgey dark chocolate piece of heaven. Adding 3 common spices to create an experience that will leave you wanting more; until the brownie pan is empty and you’re wondering what the hell happened!
If you happen to make these and want to send a photo of your creation, find me on Instagram @Bairdsbaking . You’ll find short videos and other simple recipes there too!
Spiced Dark Chocolate Brownies (GF)
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 15 minutes
- Yields: 9 brownies
- 65g gluten free flour
- 85g almond flour
- 25g dark cocoa powder
- 115g sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 40g unsalted butter
- 60g dark chocolate
- 3 TBSP milk (45mls)
- 100g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients; gf flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Chop up dark chocolate and melt in microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Add in egg, melted butter, melted chocolate, and milk. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, and bake 15-20 minutes. I prefer around the 15 mark as I like the brownies on the gooey side. Go for the 20 if you like the cake-y texture.
- Let cool in pan – 20 minutes, slice up into squares and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Spiced Dark Chocolate Brownies (GF)”