Happy almost Halloween!
If you’re looking for a Halloween treat that is amazing, fun for the kids, and easy to make, check out this recipe.
They’re so rich and decadent, and will not disappoint you with their fudgey texture. You can make them anytime, omitting the spooky eyes. But honestly, they’re so cute, I think I have to have them on their regardless of the time of the year!
We used Hershey’s Dark Cocoa Powder in these cookies, and it’s currently my go to for cocoa powder. It makes everything a little more chocolatey!
Hope you enjoy baking these, whether it’s with your children or by yourself.
If you want to see more of my baking, check out my Instagram page @bairdsbaking . Find videos and more over there!
Dark Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Bake time: 8 minutes
- Yields: 15 cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini Reese’s pieces
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat margarine, butter, sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla and combine until fluffy in texture.
- With a wooden spoon, fold in dry ingredients.
- Fold in Reese’s pieces.
- Place rounded tablespoonfulls onto cookie sheet about 2” apart and bake for 8 minutes.
- When cookies come out of the oven, press candy eyes in.
- Let cool & enjoy!