As our weather continues to get hotter and hotter (yesterday was in the high 30s) we tend to bake less. Or at least I do. So coming up with delicious no-bake recipes still gives me the opportunity to be in my element, even in the extreme heat. Of course, there’s always the option of getting up at six in the morning to bake, but I’m not always up for that! So, the other day I was thinking of campfires and marshmallows and of course s’mores. I recently bought some graham wafers and some celebration cookies (what are s’mores without the celebration cookies really?) and, of course we have the fruity marshmallows because my toddler absolutely loves them. So I figured I could make some kind of square using all of these things. But I also wanted to incorporate peanut butter because in my mind it’s chocolates best friend. Honestly, you can top these with whatever you have in your house, I used sliced almonds but you could use whatever chopped nuts you have, and if you have regular mini marshmallows that would work as well. I just like the pop of colour from the fruity ones!
Oh and a little note, if you are a dog owner like myself, DON’T leave them on the kitchen table! Half the plate was gone, and our boy Hank was happily licking his lips. Lucky bugger has an iron stomach! Store them in the fridge in an airtight container. They’ll stay safe and firmer there.
I have a reel on my Instagram account for a visual of making these. If you make these, feel free to send me a pic, or tag me @bairdsbaking !
No-Bake Nutty S’more Squares
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Yields: 12 squares
- 4-5 graham wafers
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 celebration cookies
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 chopped nuts
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate baking crumbs (optional)
- In an 8×8 baking dish, line bottom with graham wafers.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and peanut butter together, spread over the graham wafers.
- Top with cookie bits, marshmallows, chocolate chips, chunks of graham wafers, sliced almonds or peanuts, and chocolate baking crumbs.
- Drizzle over top with melted chocolate and peanut butter.
- Chill 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut into squares or bars.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.