Tuesdays I have more time to myself since our oldest daughter visits our friends house. This past Tuesday she was out of the house by 9, and my SO left at 11 to go run errands so besides the baby, I had the house to myself! (Woohoo!) When my sister-in-law popped by for a visit, I had even more freedom – time to bake!
I had a few bananas turn so of course, the go to is banana bread. But, I decided to take it up a notch. A tiny notch, but still something to stray away from the same old same old. Taking my mom’s banana bread recipe, adding blueberries, cinnamon and instead of frosting, peach yogurt. Talk about a moist bread. It literally disappeared in a day! It’s quick to throw together, but it takes about an hour I found for it to bake. If you have the time though, it’s so worth it!
Blueberry Banana Bread
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Bake Time : 1 hour
- Yields : 1 loaf, 10-12 slices.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Peach yogurt (Any flavour of yogurt will do!)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend butter and sugars until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add mashed bananas, yogurt and eggs.
- Beat until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer loaf to cooking rack.
- Dollop a few spoonfuls of yogurt on top.