Today I wanted to recreate a childhood treat my sister would always make us. A simple, chocolaty, crunchy, delicious square, or bar if you wanted a big piece! When we would get home from school I would sit somewhat patiently in the living room while she would make a “surprise” for me. I usually knew what was coming and waiting was so hard! But like all good things, it was worth the wait.
With Easter upon us, and buying too much chocolate (is that even really possible?), I wanted to take them up a little notch. So I took from the giant bag of Easter chocolate eggs and threw in some sprinkles and came up with this:
Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Squares
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill: 20-30 minutes
- Total: 35 minutes
- Yields: 12 squares
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped Easter chocolates
- Decorative sprinkles
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and peanut butter. Stir every 15 seconds.
- Mix in cereal.
- Spread in 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment or on a large plate lined with foil.
- Chill 20-30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt Easter chocolates and spread over.
- Decorate with your favourite sprinkles.
- Let set, and cut into squares.
- Best if kept in the fridge!