After we got home from the hospital with our new baby, things suddenly got very busy and I felt a little overwhelmed. Everyone was wanting to visit and our phones were blowing up with congratulations. Plus all of those glorious things that come with delivering a baby (hello hospital underwear!).
After a few days with my other half being home doing literally everything he could to help, he had to go back to work. I was very anxious about this day. It was emotional, but myself and my two girls survived it!
By the end of the week I started to feel like myself again and when the two of them were napping (and the hunger from breastfeeding kicked in) I thought “It’s a great time to whip up some cookies!”.
I’ve made the traditional chocolate chip cookie so many times that I don’t follow a recipe anymore. This time I went off the top of my head and made some little adjustments to make them slightly different, but still delicious (Casey ate three when she woke up from her nap).
I know everyday won’t be both kiddos napping at once and having free time to do what I want, but I’ll take what I can get.
I hope that you can make these with ease and enjoy them just as much as we did. They go great with a tall glass of milk!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Bake Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total: 20-22 minutes
- Makes about 2 – 2 1/2 dozen.
- 3/4 Cup margarine (If using real butter increase to 1 Cup)
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Cup chocolate
- 1/4 Cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375०F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking liner.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together margarine, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
- In a separate small bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and gently stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop rounded spoonful’s about 2 inches apart on baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Let cool on wire rack about 5-10 minutes.